Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Simple & Satisfying Breakfast

I don't know about the rest of you, but sometimes I wake up starving in the morning. This tends to happen when I ate an early dinner and didn't eat anything after that. This morning I woke up so hungry I immediately woke up and wanted to consume everything in site. I contained myself, and opted for making one of my favorites that honestly takes less than three minutes. Are you ready? A Banana-Cashew smoothie! I can't tell you just HOW much I love this quick, yet very filling breakfast. I always need to balance sweet and slaty, and this does just that. Here's what ya' do! 

What You'll Need...

1/2 cup of organic whole raw cashews, unsalted
1 medium - large banana


Directions...

These are really hard to follow so pay close attention, just kidding! 
1. Put your ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth and creamy. 
-I have a Ninja, so I use the smallest one. I take out the blade, grab a spoon and dig into the goodness! 



***This is perfect for the person who wakes up in just enough time to get ready for work and head out the door. With eleven grams of protein, this breakfast will leave you full and satisfied. This is even good for after a workout, your muscles need protein for recovery and growth and this has just that! Usually on the days when I have this my meal two is smaller because I still am full. Today's meal two was a straight-up carrot juice, so I can see my handsome boyfriend's face more clearly.***

No comments:

Post a Comment