Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Quick Summer Dinner? I Think So!

I don't know if the whole country is going through a heat wave, but we sure are up here in what usually is the frozen tundra of New York. It's been reaching temperatures close to one hundred, and without AC at home I just about die. With that said, thinking about consuming a heavy meal makes me want to run for the hills. I would much rather eat a whole watermelon with a spoon and call it a night. I honestly wish I could do that, but I need to get some other nutrients in my body. 

Last night I decided tuna mixture with A LOT of different stuff would be best. It was so satisfying, so delicious, and so easy to make! 


Ingredients

- 1 or 2 cans of tuna, the amount you use will depend on how many people you are feeding. Last night I used one can and it was plenty enough for two people. ( I use Wild Planets because there is a lower amount of mercury) 
- handful of organic baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 4 to 5 organic grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp of pumpkin seeds ( I use these for an extra crunch and great taste)
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- 1/4 cup of red or sweet onion, chopped (I used sweet)
-1/2 of an organic orange sweet pepper
- 6 large organic black olives, sliced
- 1/2 tbsp of gluten & soy free vegenaise (It's the one with the green lid)

Directions

1. Open and drain the tuna then place in a medium-sized bowl. If you use the brand I use, the tuna comes in thick pieces, therefore I needed to cut mine up. 
2. Prepare all the rest of the ingredients by chopping them, then place them in the bowl with the tuna. 
3. Add the 1/2 tbsp. of vegenaise and mix together. (You can add more if you wish) 


TA DA! You're done. You can eat this how you want. I ate mine on two corn thins, because I have yet to find a gluten free wrap that I like. My boyfriend ate his in a whole wheat wrap. 








No comments:

Post a Comment